- gCore Overview
- From configuration to testing with a single Port-Type
- Adding State
gCore is a toolkit for building distributed applications that are hosted by multi-domain infrastructure. This tutorial intends to present gCore and its related software required to design, build, and deploy software that can be effectively used to build complex applications. Let us take an incremental approach and illustrate all the steps of the service development cycle in relation to a first Port-Type. For simplicity, we shall assume the Port-Type to be stateless. we shall then introduce the assumption of state later, when we will enrich our sample service with additional Port-Types.
gCore is dedicated to developers that have an average knowledge of [U/Li]nix and Java, and some experience with WS concepts, terminology, and procedures.
Ground rules: preparing the environment
- Exclusively a Java & [U/Li]nix environment
- OS requirements as per underlying Globus
- Typically, a Shell + IDE environment
- IDE for code configuration & authoring
- Shell for code building & deployment
- Require both installation & configuration